Orange Blossom Women’s Group, located in Trinity, FL, is proud to offer the highest standard of care and be your go-to women’s healthcare provider. A well woman annual exam is the best preventative measure you can take to contribute to your general health over the course of your lifetime. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment or learning more, contact us today.
What Is a Well Woman Annual Exam?
You may well have had well woman exams in the past, but under a different name. Well woman annual exams are also known simply as annual exams; the physical examinations can be called pelvic exams or gynecological exams. These exams are an integral part of a woman’s self-care regimen and encompass a thorough examination, testing and discussion of a full range of women’s health issues.
What Kinds of Questions Should I Be Prepared to Answer?
The goal of an annual exam is to maximize your health and overall well-being as it relates to your medical profile. Questions regarding sex, your period, pregnancy, wider medical issues and lifestyle choices and habits all contribute to an accurate baseline understanding of your needs and opportunities for treatment.
- When was your last period?
- How often do you have periods?
- How long do they last?
- Do you ever bleed/spot between periods?
- Do you have any unusual pain, itching, or discharge from your vagina or vulva?
- Do you have any known or pre-existing medical conditions?
- What medical problems have other members of your family had?
- Do you have any allergies?
- Have you been in the hospital or had surgery?
- Sexual Practices
- Are you sexually active?
- Is sex ever painful?
- Do you bleed during or after sex?
- Are you using birth control?
- Do you think you might be pregnant?
- Do you want to get pregnant?
- Lifestyle choices
- Do you exercise regularly? How often and at what intensity?
- What is your diet like?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you drink? How much?
It is important to remember that answering these questions honestly is the most beneficial thing you can do during your well woman annual exam.
If you’re over 21, an annual exam usually involves a pap test, which checks for early signs of cervical cancer. Beginning around age 40 and depending on your family history and other risk factors, a mammogram will help check for breast cancer.
A well woman annual exam helps you live the healthiest and highest-quality life possible in addition to discovering early warning signs for serious conditions, enabling you to treat them at the earliest possible moment.
Orange Blossom Women’s Group in Trinity, FL is your trusted partner in women’s health and well-woman exam care. Call us at (727) 846-7000 today to schedule your appointment today.